- Large, diverse ‘for-purpose’ organisation providing essential community services
- Skills sought include in stakeholder engagement, commercial legal skills & technology and data
- Opportunity for SE Queensland-based directors
Mercy Community Services SEQ Ltd (MCS) is a Catholic Ministry with the mission to support and inspire people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities.
The MCS workforce of more than 900 staff supports the elderly, families and children providing innovative and responsive services in the areas of:
· child protection
· multicultural community support
· foster and kinship services
· community and residential based aged care, and
· disability support.
MCS has approximately $90M revenue per annum and is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Following recent changes in the board’s composition, the board is seeking to appoint two, and potentially three, non-executive directors with skills, knowledge and experience in:
· stakeholder engagement and communications
· broad commercial legal skills and experience, and
· technology and data skills and experience.
Regardless of their faith background, directors must have a deeply ingrained respect for the Mission and values of the Sisters of Mercy, and hence for MCS’s place as a ministry of the Catholic Church, and the ability to be a passionate advocate for the work of MCS.
The board is also seeking directors with strong board level capabilities in: strategic thinking and corporate governance (especially in the current not-for-profit context); overseeing financial and non-financial performance; and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
MCS encourages applicants from culturally diverse backgrounds. Candidates are sought from South-East Queensland.
Directors are remunerated at a sector competitive annual fee. All reasonable directors’ expenses associated with fulfilling board obligations are met by MCS.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 16 September 2019.
To register your interest, visit www.directorsaustralia.com/directors-register, click on “Position Search”, select role before clicking on “View Selected” and then “Apply Online”.
For further details please contact Bonita Nichols by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0408 087 245.